Upcoming Workshops in Durham, NC
You &Your Pelvic Floor:
Movement & Massage
Empower Personalized Fitness Durham
March 10th, 3:30-5:30pm
Got a pelvic floor? In this 2-hour workshop, learn the basics of how your pelvic floor works, including restorative movement and self-massage techniques. You'll learn:
· All about how your core and pelvic floor pelvic floor muscles work, and how they should be reflexive and responsive to your body.
· How to engage your core effectively.
· Simple, yet challenging movements and lifestyle elements to help improve your core & pelvic floor function.
· Self-massage techniques (Maya abdominal massage) that you can take home & practice on your own.
· Mindful body awareness and meditation practices focused on your pelvic bowl.
This workshop is appropriate for anyone who has a body, but is particularly geared toward folks who are experiencing diastasis recti, pelvic organ prolapse, or other pelvic floor issues.
Facilitated by Kerri Williamson and Larissa Parson
Your hosts for this exploratory workshop are two moms who understand the challenges of finding balance between care of self and care of others, between work and play. We love to build community, play in the wild, and help others move and be well. Kerri is a massage therapist specializing in women’s health and Maya Abdominal Therapy; Larissa is a Restorative Exercise Specialist certified by Nutritious Movement and a certified practitioner of Restore Your Core.